Rushes Lane reflects the development of Lubenham over time with housing from the 16th Century as well as housing from the 20th Century. One of the most imposing buildings is 'Tower House'. Tower House is next to the Church.
Tower House, formerly called 'Lubenham Cottage' stands next to All Saints Church. It is an 18th century farmhouse in red brick which was much enlarged in the Gothic style to serve as a 'hunting box' to such people as Lord Ludlow in 1922.
The tower on the Northwest face is its most prominent feature and was added in 1862 by Jack Angell (a racing horse magnate), giving the house its current name. It is told that he used to watch his horses train from the window of the tower.
is thought that Jack 'Cherry' Angell built the stable
block about 1850 and added the western part of the house..
A popular story is that he added another gabled window
to the house each time one of his race horses had a
Lubenham All Saints' Church stands close to the river. It is constructed of ironstone dressed with limestone. The oldest features date from the late 12th century. more