ran from Rugby to Peterborough and opened in 1850. It was
open to passenger traffic until 6th June 1966. Lubenham
had its own station...' with wonderful views,' recalls Paul
Dickens who used to travel by train from there as a child.
Bound Platform 1952
kindly loaned by Paul Dickens
Lubenham, on the Market Harborough to Rugby line, 6th June
The 6th June 1966 was the last day of the service on this
route. The last Westbound train to call at our little station
was the 1818 Peterborough East to Rugby, seen above leaving
with the 24 adorned with a simple wreath.